We have a spray booth!

A unique feature of the Visual Futures Lab is that it oversees SVA's only indoor spray booth for spray painting, applying stains, or using any materials that emit fumes, which is a safer bet than working on the street in front of the studios or in a small NYC apartment.

It was a slow night on Halloween in the VFL, so I -- Owen Keogh, second-year  MFA Fine Arts  student and VFL student worker -- used some of my free time to work on my Halloween costume: mash-up of Halloween's Michael Myers and the Statue of Liberty inspired by a creepy latex mask I found at a Liberty Island gift shop.

It was a slow night on Halloween in the VFL, so I -- Owen Keogh, second-year MFA Fine Arts student and VFL student worker -- used some of my free time to work on my Halloween costume: mash-up of Halloween's Michael Myers and the Statue of Liberty inspired by a creepy latex mask I found at a Liberty Island gift shop.

Originally, I intended to make my own fake hair with yarn but abandoned that quickly. I bought a can of spray-on primer, lined the spray booth, and fired up the fans, making sure the door was closed and my respirator on. Two coats of paint and an overnight dry time later, and my mask was ready -- a day late of course. My creepy mask now stands guard over my studio!"