leather and brass tag—the making of
Needed supplies: Laser Cutter
Sheet of Brass
1. Be sure to make your cut lines .001 pt, with a raster speed of 100% and a power of 30% and a bottom-up engrave direction.
2. Cut your leather so that one (1) right angle can fit into the top-left corner of the laser bed. Proceed to laser-cut your material.
3. Pat the tag down with a dry rag to remove any dust / char.
4. Cut your brass so that it will fit evenly across the backside of your tag, covering all open area.
5. Using spray adhesive, coat the backside of the leather tag. Carefully place your brass on the back, centering it on your exposed cuts.
6. Spray the backside of the brass-backed tag with spray adhesive and apply to any surface.